I Wear* Experiment
I Wear* Experiment is a punchy Nordic electro trio leaning towards experimentation and cinematic soundscapes. The band, from Tallinn Estonia, began their journey into electronic pop music bringing back the punch and aggressiveness that they feel has gone missing over time.
The band is a partnership between Hando Jaksi (guitars, keys, sound manipulation), Mikk Simson (drums, percussion) and Johanna Eenma (vocals, keys).
I Wear* Experiment participated to the Biggest outdoor festivals in the Baltics such as: Intsikurmu Festival in Estonia, Positivus Festival & Summer Sound in Latvia, Karkle Live Music Beach Festival in Lithuania. In March 2016, the band played 3 arena shows with the British band HURTS. On the same year, I Wear Experiment will perform at The WEEKEND festival (biggest electro festival in the Nordic/Baltic) but also at the new edition of the Positivus Festival.
In 2013 I Wear* Experiment released 3 EP’s titled Crickets Empire I and Crickets Empire II followed by Crickets Empire III in 2014. During the last 3 years, the trio has toured extensively and played the biggest summer festivals in the Baltics accompanied by sold out shows back home. In March 2016, I Wear* Experiment was chosen as the official support act for the British band Hurts on their Surrender tour.
Their latest single – “Patience” was chosen from over 250 songs to new music competition in Estonia – “Eesti Laul.” The song reached the finals and became sixth.
I Wear* Experiment has finished their debut album “Patience” which was released on April 15 2016. On that same month Tallinn Music Week awarded the artist prize Telliskivi Creative City to the Estonian band.
In September 2016, the album (Patience) artwork was awarded BRONZE for the Estonian Design Award. The band performed for the first time at Zandari Festa in Seoul South Korea.
After their first and epic European tour that took place in November 2016, I Wear* Experiment traveled early January 2017 for a mini Asia tour. They performed 3 shows in South Korea and one show in Tokyo Japan.
End of January 2017, the band was awarded at the Estonian Music Award as “best debut album”
25th of April 2017, Patience LP (with one extra track) is distributed nationwide in South Korea.
23rd of August 2017: Patience LP is distributed nationwide in Japan
05th of September 2017: Patience LP is distributed in Germany, Austria, Switzerland.
13th April 2018, the band released their new single DOGS
Current status: Touring mode
I Wear* Experiment Live Shows
- 5th of April: Tallinn Music Week – Live Nation Stage – Tallinn, Estonia
- 27th of April: Bar Loose – Helsinki, Finland
- 10th of May: Focus Wales – Wrexham, Wales
- 03 January 2017 – Club Duo Music Exchange – Tokyo, Japan
- 06 January 2017 – Freebird Club – Seoul, Korea
- 07 January 2017 – Vinyl Underground – Busan, Korea
- 15 March 2017 – Babel – Debrecen, Hungary
- 16 March 2017 – Kuplung – Budapest, Hungary
- 10 June 2017 – Sopot Music Festival, Poland
- 22 June 2017 – Life Festival Oswiecim, Poland
- 5 July 2017 – Ollesummer Festival(opening for Kasabian), Tallinn, Estonia
September 2017 tour:
- 1 Sept 2017 – Club FF, Seoul – South Korea
- 2 Sept 2017 – Revel Club, Busan – South Korea
- 6 Sept 2017 – O Nest Tsutatya, Tokyo – Japan
- 8 Sept 2017 – Kd Japon, Nagoya – Japan
- 10 Sept 2017 – Hard Rain, Osaka – Japan
- 11 Sept 2017 – Chika Ikai, Osaka – Japan
- 12 Sept 2017 – Nano, Kyoto – Japan
- 14 Sept 2017 – DDC Club, Beijing – China
- 15 Sept 2017 – 13 Club, Tianjin – China
- 16 Sept 2017 – Club 7, Zhengzou – China
- 18 Sept 2017 – Hong Kong – TBC
- 21 Sept 2017 – Playspace, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
- 28/30 Sept 2017: Waves Vienna, Austria
- 12 Oct 2017 – Roodkapje, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- 18 Oct 2017 – Pool Garden, Leipzig, Germany
- 19 Oct 2017 – Kaiserkeller, Hamburg, Germany
- 20 oct 2017 – Chester Club, Berlin, Germany
- 21 Oct 2017 – Cafe Galao, Stuttgart, Germany
- 22 Oct2017 – Hafen2, Offenbach, Germany